Fair to Midland - The Orange Peel - April 9, 2011 Wicked - Bob Carr Amphitheatre - Feb 28, 2011 My Chemical Romance - HOB - May 18th, 2011 and Sept 24, 2011 Childish Gambino - The Plaza Theatre - Oct 8, 2011 Corey Taylor - The Social - Dec 13, 2011
Star Tours: The Adventure Continues - MGM Studios - May 20, 2011 - Red Carpet Preview
Not a live show, but I did get to see a Figrin D’an and the Modal Nodes show that night!
1) Community - Watch this show before dumb ass NBC cancels it! Serioulsly, it’s hilarious.
2) Walking Dead - I know, it’s a cliche for the past few years, but a zombie show is a great refresher for the horror genre.
3) Doctor Who - Laugh all you want, but the past 2 seasons are probably the most enjoyable writing on tv.
4) Sherlock - Sure, it came out last year, but I saw it for the 1st time this year. It warrants a mention because it’s such a wonderful modern version of my favorite detective.
5) IT Crowd - Another show I watched for the 1st time this year. side note: Chris O’Dowd was the only funny element of Bridesmaids(that movie was fucking abysmal).
6) Big Bang Theory - Being a total nerd(down to my job), I love this show. I hear a lot of closeted nerds bashing it, but if they were that smart they’d realize that this, like every other tv show, is based on the most extreme character stereotypes possible. Don’t give a shit, it’s a more enjoyable way to spend thursdays than Jersey Shore.
7) Castle - Nathan Fillion…that is all.
8) Dexter - No show writes better “oh shit!” cliffhangers, and I love that about them. Plus, I really enjoy the “slow burn” charater building.
9) It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia - These crazy bastards just keep writing the opposite of what every other sitcom is doing. How has no one caught on to this? Plus, Mac actually gets fat to be funny. lol
10) Chuck - I know, I know. Loyal to the end. Honestly, the show has gotten back to it’s fun roots since they knew this was the last season, it’s like they just don’t give a fuck….that’s more than Joss Whedon ever got.
HM: American Horror Story…only saw one ep, but really liked it.
If you’re not watching this show, it’s highly possible that you’re contributing to the downfall of American entertainment as we know it…..or you’re just fucking ignorant, and watching far too much reality TV.
If this is the case, get off your ass and live a reality of your own….or watch Community on NBC. Thursdays at 8 so they don’t cancel my last reason for watching network TV